The Client Account Manager role at One North serves as the connection point between the client and the team doing the design, strategy, brand, and technology work. They are the day-to-day role aligned to the individual initiatives (namely projects, brands, or workstreams) within a client portfolio reporting to a Client Account Director and supporting the Client Account Director in building strong relationships and expanding our footprint on accounts.
The Client Account Manager nurtures relationships with the respective client stakeholders or buyers. In addition to building trust with clients, as the main point of contact at One North, this individual is the liaison with various internal agency disciplines (Strategy, Design, Brand, and Technology). The Client Account Manager ensures the client work is running smoothly within the agency in partnership with the Project Manager(s) managing specific projects. This role also ensures that the client’s needs and goals are being met on every project, while uncovering opportunities for account growth to be pursued in partnership with the Client Account Director. The Client Account Manager knows how to ensure client satisfaction on projects and can own projects’ success independently.
The Client Account Manager is the link between a client and the team working on a client’s account and ensures high quality experience for the client and the project team by managing expectations, ensuring clarity, and driving the effort to alignment with the strategy. Their primary responsibilities are to manage expectations between the client team and the One North team, report to clients about the progress of their accounts, ensure customer satisfaction, report to the Client Account Director on account status, and encourage further business. As a manager, they may oversee multiple accounts and supervise Account Coordinators.
- Manages the communication between an account team and their client
- Keeps track of an account team’s progress and reports to their client
- Builds rapport with their clients and ensures customer satisfaction
- Performs as main client contact and manage the relationship at the workstream level
- Acts as a link between the client and the company
- Oversees the day-to-day agency efforts taking a lead role in program implementation
- Communicates client expectations and vision to cross-functional agency team
- Works closely with Project Management, Strategy, Creative, Brand, and Technology to create a plan on managing projects and internal/client expectations and experience towards ﬂawless execution, strategic alignment, and high satisfaction
- Supports Project Managers and practitioner teams with what’s needed to develop and nurture ideas throughout the process
- Champions the agency perspective and is persuasive and articulate when communicating work and ideas
- Helps to sell in and protects ideas throughout execution
- Initiates briefs, estimates, scopes, reports, presentations, and other program-related activities
- Executes overall account administrative tasks with support from either a Project Manager or Coordinator
- Reports to an Account Director and management
- Manages multiple projects from start to ﬁnish with an eye towards ensuring strategy and creative integrity is carried through execution
- Engages in meaningful discussions with clients and partners to take actions to improve the business
- Accountable for setting the highest standards and driving performance metrics
- Adds strategic value to clients and projects on an on-going basis
- Promotes the company’s products to encourage further business with existing clients
- Proactively maintains knowledge of client’s businesses, industries, and trends (as it relates to projects) in order to become a trusted resource in both internal and client conversations
- Regularly seeks out ways to add value to client/agency relationship (sharing industry trends/research, preparing decks, representing client in internal conversations, thought leadership initiatives, etc.)
- Provides inputs to Account Growth Plans
- Contributes to the strategy for growth
- Identifies new opportunities “from the work” to be pursued in collaboration with the Client Account Director and TEKsystems internal sales team members
- Provides input to aide negotiations
- Contributes to pricing strategy
- Provides SOW inputs
- Advances sales opportunities by driving operational dimensions of pursuits
- Handles several clients and projects in coordination with the connected sales teams
- Accountable for the healthy financial management of the workstream, monitoring all such activities carried out by the PM
- Provides reporting on account health
- Serves as the Client Account Director port of call on all questions related to the workstreams
Skills & Qualifications
- 4 or more years of experience working in an Account Manager, Engagement Manager, or Account Supervisor capacity serving Fortune 2000 and upper middle market clients
- Prior agency (digital, communications, or marketing) experience required
- Client-oriented mindset focusing on overall client business/account, while remaining mindful of project specifics
- Experience working in a consultative manner with clients and serving as the main point of contact
- Highly collaborative, ability to work effectively with agency multidisciplinary teams and to build and maintain strong partnerships with client and extended teams
- Strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally) and emotional intelligence, proactive self-starter, strong presence, outstanding communication skills, and strong service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple large digital initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to direct and prioritize activities to efficiently meet project and client objectives
- Strong digital and experience design capabilities, proficiency, in marketing a plus
- Strategic mind/skills and ability to contribute to strategic and account planning efforts; inquisitive about responding to client requests and making agency recommendations
- Our comprehensive benefits program includes Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Health coverage, as well as a health savings account with employer-funded contributions.
- We also offer Dental and Vision insurance. All of our full-time employees are eligible for Life/AD&D insurance and Short/Long Term Disability insurance free of cost, with the option to add additional voluntary coverage if desired.
- One North’s 401(k) plan allows employees to save for retirement through pre- or post-tax contributions along with employer-matched funds for maximized savings potential.
- Our Transportation Benefits enable employees to also make pre-tax contributions to pay for parking and public transit needs.
- We know how important unwinding can be for inspiration, innovation and productivity. Our full-time employees earn 4 weeks of paid time off, in addition to company paid holidays. Employees begin to accrue additional time off once they reach their 3-year and 10-year anniversaries with the business.
- One North also understands how critical it is for parents to bond with their new additions. We provide paid Parental and Primary Caregiver Leave to assist and support employees who experience a new birth, adoption or foster placement of a child.
- We also offer an Employee Perks Program that offers member-only discounts and corporate rates on everything from pizza and the zoo, to movie tickets, car rentals, and hotels.
*Additional detail around our perks and benefits will be provided during the interview process.
**Clicking the Apply now button will redirect you to apply on TEKsystems.com.