We are looking for a multi-disciplinary designer with a passion for storytelling with motion. Be a proactive designer in an environment that believes in creativity and helping you grow. As part of the Design team, the contract-to-hire Motion Designer will provide sophisticated visual and motion designs to both external clients and internal audiences.
- Produce highly polished visual and motion designs that are on-brand and on-strategy.
- Create low-fidelity storyboards to demonstrate high-level intent for motion projects.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams during the creative process on projects from concept to delivery with oversight from a creative director or design lead.
- Create diverse and strategic brand and digital concepts.
- Participate in working sessions with clients and present original work.
- Work closely with the Digital and UX Strategy teams to translate their deliverables (e.g., research outcomes, brand platforms, wireframes, etc.) into design.
- Assist in new business development as needed.
- Work side-by-side with developers to ensure creative concepts and motion details come to life accurately and innovatively in the build phase.
- Serve as primary designer on motion projects (e.g., Logo animations as part of any identity work., UI animations as part of a web or product project, Webflow implementations, etc.).
When packing your bags, please bring:
- An expert understanding of design fundamentals and interactive brand experiences.
- Deep experience and passion for motion design.
- The ability to express how to solve design problems strategically as well as creatively.
- The capability to manage multiple clients and projects ranging in size and scope simultaneously.
- The ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment with design, client services, strategy, and technology teams.
- The ability to demonstrate high-quality execution of work in all areas.
- A self-starter mentality in order to push the vision for our clients.
- A passion for digital design and staying up-to-date on the latest tech and trends.
Your weapons (wield them wisely):
- 3+ years of design experience in an in-house group, consultancy, or agency
- Required: A strong portfolio demonstrating a variety of visual, UI, and motion design work samples
- Work examples that demonstrate sophisticated motion design, strategic design thinking, and complex problem solving
- Exceptional visual design skills (e.g., typography, color, layout)
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects & Premiere) as well as Figma
- Interest and experience with no-code tools such as Webflow is a bonus
- Interest in 3D visual and motion design tools: Cinema4D, Blender, etc. is a bonus
- Solid understanding of HTML, CSS, JS, animation libraries, and responsive design (coding is not a requirement)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Eye for detail and high personal standards
- Dedication to following industry best practices and trends
*Additional detail around our perks and benefits will be provided during the interview process.
**Clicking the Apply now button will redirect you to apply on TEKsystems.com.