One North is seeking a Production Design Manager to spearhead a team of production designers for a large technology & social media company. You will work collaboratively with the Design Lead, Project Managers, and other team members to deliver various web assets, UI spot illustrations, and high-value digital presentations, some with animation and motion graphic components.
Being a master juggler, you thrive in a high-volume, omni-channel environment. As the Production Design Manager, you should have the hands-on design skills to mentor other designers in addition to strong PM chops to maximize the team.
We are looking for a professional who is highly organized and seeks to improve workflow and break down barriers for your team. You will be integral in the resource planning and will help to add structure and process improvements to workstreams.
- Provide oversight and management for Facebook Production Studio team with an inclusive, collaborative approach
- Ability to surface qualitative and quantitative results about the team and their work using various toolsets (e.g., JIRA or other PM tools)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Provide insights on the progress of the engagement and areas for improvements
- Provide and receive feedback to uncover opportunities to optimize workflow and team performance and success
- Together with other leadership, help to develop internal team and contract/freelance pool
- Provide input for estimating and scoping work
- Oversee resourcing, in cooperation with Design Project Coordinator
- Present and communicate with client directly
- Become fluent in the Facebook brand standards and ensure all our work is on-brand
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in graphic design preferred
- At least 5 years as a studio manager, or equivalent, within a fast-paced, digital environment
- Expert understanding of studio management best practices
- Expert understanding of design tools, including Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
- Sample portfolio
- Experience collaborating with creative directors, designers, and copywriters
- PM certification desired
- Experience with PM tools and ticketing systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills, particularly in front of clients
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior experience in management and/or mentorship of designers
- Our comprehensive benefits program includes Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Health coverage, as well as a health savings account with employer-funded contributions.
- We also offer Dental and Vision insurance. All of our full-time employees are eligible for Life/AD&D insurance and Short/Long Term Disability insurance free of cost, with the option to add additional voluntary coverage if desired.
- One North’s 401(k) plan allows employees to save for retirement through pre- or post-tax contributions along with employer-matched funds for maximized savings potential.
- Our Transportation Benefits enable employees to also make pre-tax contributions to pay for parking and public transit needs.
- We know how important unwinding can be for inspiration, innovation and productivity. Our full-time employees earn 4 weeks of paid time off, in addition to company paid holidays. Employees begin to accrue additional time off once they reach their 3-year and 10-year anniversaries with the business.
- One North also understands how critical it is for parents to bond with their new additions. We provide paid Parental and Primary Caregiver Leave to assist and support employees who experience a new birth, adoption or foster placement of a child.
- We also offer an Employee Perks Program that offers member-only discounts and corporate rates on everything from pizza and the zoo, to movie tickets, car rentals, and hotels.
*Additional detail around our perks and benefits will be provided during the interview process.
**Clicking the Apply now button will redirect you to apply on TEKsystems.com.