The One North Hosting Team is responsible for maintaining hundreds of public facing websites for our clients. As a member of the One North Hosting Team, the Systems Engineer will implement projects to improve the availability and security of our hosted applications.
- Help with the day-to-day and operation of our web hosting platform
- Own the investigation and resolution of application availability and platform stability problems relying on our partners and support providers where necessary
- Work on projects to add automation to enhance the capabilities of our web hosting platforms
- On-call rotation for supporting our web hosting platforms and applications 24×7
Skills & Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years of system engineering experience is required
- Infrastructure related background with experience in successfully delivering web-based solutions
- Experience executing system engineering projects in a production environment
- Experience with IaaS solutions on Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or similar
- Deep understanding of web network technologies like HTTP, SSL/TLS, and DNS
- Advanced skills with Windows Server
- Advanced skills with IIS
- Experience with Microsoft environments including Active Directory and Group Policy
- Database administrator skills with Microsoft SQL Server
- Intermediate skills with PowerShell
- Intermediate skills with Linux
While not required, we prefer that you have:
- Experience in a web hosting environment or similar hosting environment
- Experience with network appliances for Web Application Firewall and Load Balancing
- Other Microsoft development technology skills, such as .NET
- Our comprehensive benefits program includes Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Health coverage, as well as a health savings account with employer-funded contributions.
- We also offer Dental and Vision insurance. All of our full-time employees are eligible for Life/AD&D insurance and Short/Long Term Disability insurance free of cost, with the option to add additional voluntary coverage if desired.
- One North’s 401(k) plan allows employees to save for retirement through pre- or post-tax contributions along with employer-matched funds for maximized savings potential.
- Our Transportation Benefits enable employees to also make pre-tax contributions to pay for parking and public transit needs.
- We know how important unwinding can be for inspiration, innovation and productivity. Our full-time employees earn 4 weeks of paid time off, in addition to company paid holidays. Employees begin to accrue additional time off once they reach their 3-year and 10-year anniversaries with the business.
- One North also understands how critical it is for parents to bond with their new additions. We provide paid Parental and Primary Caregiver Leave to assist and support employees who experience a new birth, adoption or foster placement of a child.
- We also offer an Employee Perks Program that offers member-only discounts and corporate rates on everything from pizza and the zoo, to movie tickets, car rentals, and hotels.
*Additional detail around our perks and benefits will be provided during the interview process.
**Clicking the Apply now button will redirect you to apply on TEKsystems.com.