The Technical Support Analyst is a high-performing team player on the Technology Operations team that is responsible for making IT run smoothly to support One North’s business and employees.
We’re looking for smart people that deliver timely and high-quality technical support resolution focusing on root cause analysis, proactive support and monitoring, and forming a solution or workaround. This is a dynamic role that takes ownership of IT issues impacting One North’s Chicago office and remote employees. You will provide on-site first level support for workstations and software, internal company networks with assistance from our parent company Allegis Group. This responsibility includes developing a strong partnership across TEKsystems and parent company Allegis Group service desk and engineering teams on various IT, security, and operations issues. You will contribute to projects around support tools, knowledge management, and the company’s security program. Other tasks include providing technical support documentation as needed, maintain internal asset inventory and tracking lists, and work on tasks managed in the technology operations calendar applicable to the role.
Analysts in this position are expected to be proactive, diligent, and knowledgeable with respect to a variety of tools and services. Proficiency with a number of operating systems, especially Windows and Mac OS, is required. Highly developed people skills and organization are also helpful for this role.
- Provide on-site technical support for One North employees and contractors in the Chicago office and remote locations.
- Work with TEKsystems and Allegis Group service desk support and engineering teams on IT issues and escalations.
- Manage, track and execute on queue of IT issues impacting One North.
- Manage and track asset inventory.
- Field questions pertaining to employee inquiries regarding computer software or hardware and then present solutions.
- Support all One North internal tools, including Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Office and Dropbox.
- Utilize knowledge of the corporate environment delivering timely and high-quality incident resolution focusing on root cause analysis, prevention and knowledge transfer.
- Manage support tasks ensuring timely and high-quality communication with One North employees and contractors and resolution of all issues.
- Proactively monitor, diagnose and respond to critical support tasks.
- Manage main company email distribution lists and Active Directory accounts.
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding of employees and contractors including user, workstation and phone set-up.
- Provide onboarding internal technology training to new employees and contractors.
- Work directly with technology directors to resolve complex technical escalations.
- Support internal technical operations projects as requested by manager.
- Research critical technical support issues.
- Manage support task workload and triage tasks to TEKsystems and Allegis Group for additional support based on high demand and task priorities.
- Proactively escalate problems with technical support issues (resourcing constraints, longer turn-around times on tasks, asset inventory issues) to manager.
- Update and maintain intranet content, ServiceNow and Jira tickets related to IT, internal documentation and internal technology operations list.
- Onsite workstation imaging, application installation and configuration support
- On-call rotation for supporting critical network access support (i.e., login or VPN problems)
- Ongoing education of supported tools and software
- Support IT-related activities of TEKsystems Global Services Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly / quarterly / periodic compliance and security reports for measuring, tracking and monitoring compliance with our ISO 27001 certification and other regulatory compliance.
- Support information security team initiatives and compliance activities.
- Research, manage and report on status for specific IT / Technology projects and tools, as determined by manager.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to understand IT needs to support the business and employees.
- Manage daily operations of Technology Operations team; Technology Operations Calendar tasks, internal company-wide and cross-team communications.
- Coordinate and/or execute plans to ensure that technical tools and solutions meet the needs of the business.
- Communicate progress, reports, and results to ensure that our teams have all relevant information necessary.
- Proactively raise internal operational process issues, opportunities, risks.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related field
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in technical support/services related role or customer-facing position is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of Microsoft technology networking and administration experience
- Proven record of accomplishment doing technical support for software products (cloud or on-premise)
- Knowledge of maintenance practices / routines on network elements
- Working knowledge of various networking technologies and protocols including but not limited to the following:
- Security technologies such as VPNs and Firewalls, active directory, web servers, multifactor authentication, antivirus
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Experience using issue tracking software like Jira and ServiceNow
- Working knowledge of Windows Server and Workstation operating system
- Working knowledge of Mac OS operating systems
- Knowledge of network protocols such as HTTP, SSL, DNS as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools such as log analysis, traceroute, ping
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Multitasking, attention to detail and ease of learning new technologies are highly desired for the position
- Excellent analytical, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of collaboration, ownership, urgency and client commitment
- Ability to work with multiple functions to coordinate employee satisfaction
- Outstanding oral and written communication, organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently on assignments and with teams
- Positive can-do attitude, solutions-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management, as well as business and technical employees
- Demonstrated ability to be productive with minimal supervision
- Must be comfortable with agile project management and adaptable to changing requirements and priorities
- Familiarity with OWASP, NIST, ISO, and various web-based security a plus
- Our comprehensive benefits program includes Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Health coverage, as well as a health savings account with employer-funded contributions.
- We also offer Dental and Vision insurance. All of our full-time employees are eligible for Life/AD&D insurance and Short/Long Term Disability insurance free of cost, with the option to add additional voluntary coverage if desired.
- One North’s 401(k) plan allows employees to save for retirement through pre- or post-tax contributions along with employer-matched funds for maximized savings potential.
- Our Transportation Benefits enable employees to also make pre-tax contributions to pay for parking and public transit needs.
- We know how important unwinding can be for inspiration, innovation and productivity. Our full-time employees earn 4 weeks of paid time off, in addition to company paid holidays. Employees begin to accrue additional time off once they reach their 3-year and 10-year anniversaries with the business.
- One North also understands how critical it is for parents to bond with their new additions. We provide paid Parental and Primary Caregiver Leave to assist and support employees who experience a new birth, adoption or foster placement of a child.
- We also offer an Employee Perks Program that offers member-only discounts and corporate rates on everything from pizza and the zoo, to movie tickets, car rentals, and hotels.
*Additional detail around our perks and benefits will be provided during the interview process.
**Clicking the Apply now button will redirect you to apply on TEKsystems.com.