One North is looking for an experienced UX Design Manager. This manager will be responsible for helping to evolve a UX studio team currently serving a handful of clients on design projects into a scaled team working on a variety of engagements; from dedicated teams to multi-disciplinary groups to mixed models.
Primarily serving the Fortune 500, this role will enable teams to partner with clients on long-term engagements focused on backlog, digital transformation and platform overhaul, but will be required to partner with Agency leadership to innovate and evolve current capabilities.
The ideal professional will have both agency and studio experience and will also have spent time in their career as a UX, UI or UX/UI designer and researcher. 7+ years of experience is ideal for this role. Strong proven history pitching, architecting solutions/approaches, building teams and managing workflow required. Strong experience with Design Systems would be a huge plus.
- Lead and grow a world-class design team to help clients make progress and move forward.
- Manage and evolve the design process and staffing for current projects and new business.
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor the UX/UI Studio team on creative techniques, efficient processes, best practices, and effective communication.
- Work with the team and across disciplines to clearly define Studio goals and standards and be able to articulate these on a company-wide level.
- Work with our internal and partner teams to drive the inclusion of feedback, formal user testing, and data-driven metrics and analysis.
- Provide leadership and strategic vision to determine how the Studio Team will increase its capabilities to support business demands and growth in a way that enhances other agency practices.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with recruiting and agency leaders.
- Represent the agency online and at recruiting and industry events.
- Participate as a member of the company’s business development team, helping formulate strategy, evaluate opportunities, and develop and present pitches.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Graphic Design or digital-related field
- 7+ years leading studio or UX/UI teams
- Passionate for agency life, multi-disciplinary projects, collaboration, complexity, and interesting work
- In-depth knowledge of UX/UI methodologies including research, user-testing, planning, strategy, and design
- Proven hands-on ability with the craft of design with relevant brands
- Demonstrated design leadership on projects that met financial and strategic business objectives
- Experienced Studio manager with a strong focus on mentoring and development
- Strong ability to multitask, self-driven and self-motivated, consistently following through on a wide variety and number of tasks from inception to completion
- Highly analytical self-starter with awesome work ethic, loads of initiative, strong prioritization and organizational skills, a passion for quality, and amazing attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives in a highly iterative and collaborative environment
- A desire to work and support a diverse and inclusive environment
- Experience with Mobile UI design for iOS, Android, Windows platforms
- Experience with Agile
- Mastery of Figma, Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch, UXPin, InVisionApp, Axure or other UI prototyping software
- Ability to prototype with various levels of fidelity (pixel-perfect, whiteboard, paper, interactive prototypes)
- Solid understanding of graphic design principles (typography, layout, grid systems, visual hierarchy, color, composition)
- This position requires a customer-focused thinker who can proactively communicate and lead in creative, business and technical discussions.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Experience/good knowledge with user testing techniques, accessibility standards, usability evaluations, user analytics or SEO
- Experience with responsive web design, e-commerce, e-learning or rich Internet applications
Nice to have skills:
- Marketing, branding, PR, or strategy skills
- Front-end development or integration experience
- Experience and passion in photography, video, or illustration
- Our comprehensive benefits program includes Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Health coverage, as well as a health savings account with employer-funded contributions.
- We also offer Dental and Vision insurance. All of our full-time employees are eligible for Life/AD&D insurance and Short/Long Term Disability insurance free of cost, with the option to add additional voluntary coverage if desired.
- One North’s 401(k) plan allows employees to save for retirement through pre- or post-tax contributions along with employer-matched funds for maximized savings potential.
- Our Transportation Benefits enable employees to also make pre-tax contributions to pay for parking and public transit needs.
- We know how important unwinding can be for inspiration, innovation and productivity. Our full-time employees earn 4 weeks of paid time off, in addition to company paid holidays. Employees begin to accrue additional time off once they reach their 3-year and 10-year anniversaries with the business.
- One North also understands how critical it is for parents to bond with their new additions. We provide paid Parental and Primary Caregiver Leave to assist and support employees who experience a new birth, adoption or foster placement of a child.
- We also offer an Employee Perks Program that offers member-only discounts and corporate rates on everything from pizza and the zoo, to movie tickets, car rentals, and hotels.
Additional detail around our perks and benefits will be provided during the interview process.