One North is looking for an experienced UX Design System Lead. This leader will be responsible for helping to evolve best practices for a UX design team currently serving a handful of clients on design system projects working on a variety of engagements.
Primarily serving the Fortune 500, this role will lead teams to partner with clients on long-term engagements focused on client backlog development, design system architecture, platform overhaul, and guiding team engagement across multiple skill sets.
The ideal candidate will have agency experience and will also have spent time in their career as a UX/Product designer; 5+ years of experience is ideal for this role. Strong proven history architecting solutions/approaches, leading teams, and managing workflow required. Strong experience with large scale design systems would be a huge plus.
- Lead a world-class design team on various projects to help clients make progress and move forward on their complex design systems
- Guide and evolve the design process for current projects and new business
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor the UX/UI Studio practitioners on creative techniques, efficient processes, best practices, and effective communication
- Work with the team and across disciplines to clearly define project goals and standards
- Work with our internal and partner teams to drive the inclusion of feedback, formal user testing, and data-driven metrics and analysis
- Provide leadership and strategic vision to determine how the UX Team will increase its capabilities to support business demands and growth in a way that enhances other agency practices
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Experience Design or digital-related field
- 2+ years leading UX teams
- 2+ years developing complex multifaceted design systems for large scale products
- Passionate for agency life, multi-disciplinary projects, collaboration, complexity, and interesting work
- In-depth knowledge of UX methodologies including research, user-testing, planning, strategy, and design
- Proven hands-on ability with the craft of design with relevant brands
- Demonstrated design leadership on projects that met client objectives
- Experienced lead with a focus on mentoring junior team members
- Strong ability to multitask, self-driven and self-motivated, consistently following through on a wide variety and number of tasks from inception to completion
- Highly analytical self-starter with awesome work ethic, loads of initiative, strong prioritization and organizational skills, a passion for quality, and amazing attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives in a highly iterative and collaborative environment
- A desire to work and support a diverse and inclusive environment
- Experience with Mobile UI design for iOS, Android, Windows platforms
- Experience with Agile
- Mastery of Figma, Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch, UXPin, InVisionApp, Axure or other UI prototyping software
- Ability to prototype with various levels of fidelity (pixel-perfect, whiteboard, paper, interactive prototypes)
- Solid understanding of graphic design principles (typography, layout, grid systems, visual hierarchy, color, composition)
- This position requires a customer-focused thinker who can pro-actively communicate and lead in creative, business, and technical discussions
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Experience/Good knowledge with user testing techniques, accessibility standards, usability evaluations, user analytics or SEO
- Experience with responsive web design, e-commerce, e-learning or rich Internet applications
- Portfolio of recent work showing process (in addition to final deliverable) required
Nice to have skills:
- Design System Design and Development Experience
- Front-end development or integration experience
- Experience and passion in photography, video, or illustration
- Our comprehensive benefits program includes Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Health coverage, as well as a health savings account with employer-funded contributions.
- We also offer Dental and Vision insurance. All of our full-time employees are eligible for Life/AD&D insurance and Short/Long Term Disability insurance free of cost, with the option to add additional voluntary coverage if desired.
- One North’s 401(k) plan allows employees to save for retirement through pre- or post-tax contributions along with employer-matched funds for maximized savings potential.
- Our Transportation Benefits enable employees to also make pre-tax contributions to pay for parking and public transit needs.
- We know how important unwinding can be for inspiration, innovation and productivity. Our full-time employees earn 4 weeks of paid time off, in addition to company paid holidays. Employees begin to accrue additional time off once they reach their 3-year and 10-year anniversaries with the business.
- One North also understands how critical it is for parents to bond with their new additions. We provide paid Parental and Primary Caregiver Leave to assist and support employees who experience a new birth, adoption or foster placement of a child.
- We also offer an Employee Perks Program that offers member-only discounts and corporate rates on everything from pizza and the zoo, to movie tickets, car rentals, and hotels.
*Additional detail around our perks and benefits will be provided during the interview process.
**Clicking the Apply now button will redirect you to apply on TEKsystems.com.