One North is looking to add a contract UX Strategist to our open, inclusive and collaborative team. In this role, you’ll be on the front lines helping our clients plan, create and deliver digital experiences.
Ideally, this candidate will have strong and demonstrated UX chops (research, design and prototyping), collaboration and consulting skills. As part of our multidisciplinary Experience Design team, you’ll be at the center of projects and connected all the way through from concept to execution.
- Work across a spectrum of large- and small-scale digital experience design projects from websites and applications to products and services, with little oversight on smaller engagements.
- Create digital experiences that deliver exceptional user experience and deliver on client’s strategic objectives and vision.
- Bring a strong point of view to iterative and collaborative user-centered design process for clients and cross-functional teams.
- Drive quality of the design solution impact and outcomes, take and push for design risks.
- Balance user needs with our client’s business goals, market viability and technical feasibility.
- Lead UX Strategy on your projects through expert command of the UX toolkit, including UX research and analysis (observation, interviews, surveys, audits, usability testing), design thinking, personas and journey maps.
- Incorporate qualitative and quantitative data to drive design decision making.
- Contribute to concepting and experience vision definition.
- Iterate solutions through UX process.
- Contribute to sketch sessions, workshops and activities internally and with clients (in-person and remote).
- Create detailed information architecture and taxonomy.
- Create storyboards, user flows, diagrams and system maps.
- Create detailed design systems, wireframes and functional specifications.
- Articulate design decisions and trade-offs to internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to client education about the ROI associated with UX recommendations.
- Receive and facilitate client feedback, and know how and when to defend design decisions.
- Collaborate closely with Brand, Content and Digital Strategists, Designers and Technologists to bring the solution to life.
- Contribute to the User Experience Strategy discipline through process improvement, thought leadership, education and design community participation.
Skills & Qualifications
- Professional agency or consulting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Agile and lean product design experience preferred
- Strong presentation skills, experience communicating and visualizing complex and abstract ideas and concepts, storytelling and presenting to executive-level stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert command of usability heuristics, HCI and UX best practices
- Demonstrable experience solving a range of UX problems across a variety of business verticals, technologies, and user types
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized and meet multiple deadlines across a variety of projects
- Working knowledge of Sketch, Figma and other current tools
- Experience drafting and conducting usability testing sessions, synthesizing findings and translating them into actionable tactics
- Experience partnering with technical architects and writing functional specifications
- Portfolio of recent work showing process (in addition to final deliverable) required