One North is looking to add a director-level UX expert to our open, inclusive, and collaborative team. In this role, you will lead our largest, most complex, and most innovative efforts for our clients.
Ideally, this candidate will have strong and demonstrated UX chops (research, design, prototyping), collaboration, and project leadership skills. As a lead expert on our multidisciplinary Strategy team, you’ll be at the center of every project and connected all the way through from concept to execution.
- Work across a spectrum of experience strategy and design projects from websites and applications to products and services.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to our clients, providing guidance on key decisions and assisting them in championing our efforts across the executive level.
- Effectively guide a multi-disciplinary project team of strategists and designers, typically including a selection of experts across UX, CX, brand, content, design, and technology.
- Create experiences that deliver exceptional user experience and deliver on clients’ strategic objectives and vision.
- Bring a strong point of view and leadership to iterative and collaborative user-centered design process for clients and cross-functional teams.
- Drive quality of the design solution impact and outcomes, take and push for design risks.
- Balance user needs with our clients’ business goals, market viability and technical feasibility.
- Lead UX Strategy through expert command of the UX toolkit, including UX research and analysis (observation, interviews, surveys, audits, usability testing), design thinking, personas, journey maps, and service blueprints. Guide the project team to the production of excellent deliverables, including IA/taxonomy, user flows, diagrams, system maps, design systems, and wireframes.
- Incorporate qualitative and quantitative data to drive design decision making.
- Lead concepting and experience vision definition.
- Lead sketch sessions, workshops, and activities – internally and with clients (in-person and remote).
- Articulate design decisions and trade-offs to internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with client services to educate our clients about the ROI associated with UX recommendations.
- Receive and facilitate client feedback; know how and when to pivot the team, and when to defend design decisions.
- Contribute to the User Experience Strategy discipline through process improvement, thought leadership, education, and design community participation.
Skills & Qualifications
- 8+ years professional agency or consulting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience mentoring less experienced UXers preferred, though currently the role does not encompass direct reporting lines
- Strong presentation skills, experience communicating and visualizing complex and abstract ideas and concepts, storytelling, and presenting to executive-level stakeholders
- Passion for driving excellence in results
- Demonstrable experience solving a range of UX problems across a variety of business verticals, technologies, and user types
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and meet multiple deadlines across projects
- Experience drafting and conducting both qualitative and quantitative user research, and translating findings into actionable tactics
- Ability to travel to client sites as projects require (post-COVID), up to 15% of the time
- Portfolio of recent work showing process (in addition to final deliverable) required
- Our comprehensive benefits program includes Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Health coverage, as well as a health savings account with employer-funded contributions.
- We also offer Dental and Vision insurance. All of our full-time employees are eligible for Life/AD&D insurance and Short/Long Term Disability insurance free of cost, with the option to add additional voluntary coverage if desired.
- One North’s 401(k) plan allows employees to save for retirement through pre- or post-tax contributions along with employer-matched funds for maximized savings potential.
- Our Transportation Benefits enable employees to also make pre-tax contributions to pay for parking and public transit needs.
- We know how important unwinding can be for inspiration, innovation and productivity. Our full-time employees earn 4 weeks of paid time off, in addition to company paid holidays. Employees begin to accrue additional time off once they reach their 3-year and 10-year anniversaries with the business.
- One North also understands how critical it is for parents to bond with their new additions. We provide paid Parental and Primary Caregiver Leave to assist and support employees who experience a new birth, adoption or foster placement of a child.
- We also offer an Employee Perks Program that offers member-only discounts and corporate rates on everything from pizza and the zoo, to movie tickets, car rentals, and hotels.
*Additional detail around our perks and benefits will be provided during the interview process.
**Clicking the Apply now button will redirect you to apply on TEKsystems.com.