One North’s Design organization is seeking a Visual Design Lead to drive the user interface (UI) and visual brand language of the world class digital experiences we create for our clients.
This role exemplifies hands-on craftsmanship in the design details, while also having the ability to align creative design decisions with overarching personas, brand strategies, and business objectives.
Visual Design Leads report to Creative Directors and are part of a larger, multidisciplinary team of UX Designers, Strategists, Architects, and Developers. They enjoy being in the work as well as serving as mentors to Designers to help propel the quality of the digital experiences we create – from initial concept development through all executional phases.
Experience with large scale design systems in Figma would be a huge plus.
- Create UI designs that deliver exceptional brand and user experiences
- Closely integrate design decisions with client’s strategic objectives and vision
- Execute and/or oversee the design process on projects from concept to delivery in collaborative partnership with a UX Strategist, UX Designer, Copywriter, and Client Partner
- Balance user needs with client business goals, brand cohesion, and technical feasibility
- Create detailed design systems and documentation sites
- Directly present and articulate design decisions and trade-offs to executive-level stakeholders
- Receive and facilitate client feedback, know how and when to defend design decisions
- Collaborate closely with Brand, Content, and Digital Strategists; UX Designers; Technologists; Creative Directors; Client Partners; and Project Managers; to bring the solution to life
Skills & Qualifications
- 8 or more years of experience designing complex visual brand experiences across web and native platforms
- Digital agency or consulting experience
- Product design experience preferred
- Highly conceptual visual and interaction design thinking
- Ability to know when to transition from conceptual to executional modes
- Working knowledge of Figma, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, Sketch, and InVision
- Ability to prototype with various levels of fidelity (pixel-perfect, whiteboard, paper, interactive prototypes)
- Expert understanding of design principles (typography, layout, grid systems, visual hierarchy, color, composition)
- Demonstrable experience working with existing design systems
- Experience developing new design systems preferred
- Passion for collaborative approaches to complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Self-motivated to consistently follow-through as a reliable teammate
- Desire to lead through servanthood and foster team camaraderie
- Our comprehensive benefits program includes Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Health coverage, as well as a health savings account with employer-funded contributions.
- We also offer Dental and Vision insurance. All of our full-time employees are eligible for Life/AD&D insurance and Short/Long Term Disability insurance free of cost, with the option to add additional voluntary coverage if desired.
- One North’s 401(k) plan allows employees to save for retirement through pre- or post-tax contributions along with employer-matched funds for maximized savings potential.
- Our Transportation Benefits enable employees to also make pre-tax contributions to pay for parking and public transit needs.
- We know how important unwinding can be for inspiration, innovation and productivity. Our full-time employees earn 4 weeks of paid time off, in addition to company paid holidays. Employees begin to accrue additional time off once they reach their 3-year and 10-year anniversaries with the business.
- One North also understands how critical it is for parents to bond with their new additions. We provide paid Parental and Primary Caregiver Leave to assist and support employees who experience a new birth, adoption or foster placement of a child.
- We also offer an Employee Perks Program that offers member-only discounts and corporate rates on everything from pizza and the zoo, to movie tickets, car rentals, and hotels.
*Additional detail around our perks and benefits will be provided during the interview process.
**Clicking the Apply now button will redirect you to apply on TEKsystems.com.