The Client Development Director is responsible for key sales pursuit activities within the business cycle, including pre-sales strategy, solutioning, and transition to delivery. The role is tightly coupled with our sales team, One North practitioners, and delivery leadership. We support customers ranging in size from regional-based organizations to the Fortune 100.
The Client Development Director consults with multiple layers of a customer’s business to help identify, direct, and shape solutions. The primary functions and required skills are to conduct discovery, provide insights, and guide customers in driving impactful business solutions.
Primary responsibilities and requisite skills:
- Support business development activities by providing relevant experience and an understanding of our capabilities and methodologies
- Participate in account planning for a client working alongside sales and delivery counterparts, centered on core capabilities and value One North can bring to a customer
- Participate in training of sales and account management team members on One North capabilities, value proposition, and case studies to support customer consideration
- Demonstrate thought leadership early and throughout the sales cycle
- Engage peers in TEK Global Services solutioning for cross-practice customer solutions
- Identify the client need and align the appropriate One North capability that offers the best solution
- Lead development of the proposed solution, including client-facing presentations/proposals, pricing and contract creation, ensuring it aligns with client business, technical, process, resource, and contractual requirements
- Engage One North practitioners and delivery at the appropriate time to ensure delivery excellence, mitigate risk, and facilitate solution development and communication
- Maintain individual sales pipeline information that informs One North sales forecast and resource allocations
- Transition new business to delivery, ensuring a proper handoff and engagement start and expectations alignment during initial work phases
- Support delivery leads and account management, if aligned, at key accounts
- Develop relationships across TEK Global Services sales and solutioning teams to facilitate complex cross-practice solutions for customers
Skills & Qualifications
- 8 or more years of experience selling or delivering digital agency professional services required
- Digital agency experience should include the delivery or selling of brand, content, creative, UX, CX, UI design, web data analytics, or website design/development services
- 2+ years in customer facing roles interfacing with customer
- Preferred experience with a digital agency that delivers solutions through a variety of models; capacity teams or outcome-based commitments
Keys to Success:
- Must have outstanding communication, presentation, and writing skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the customer and One North
- Must have strong business understanding with the ability to build credibility, communicate capabilities, gather and assess customer requirements, and communicate solution and value proposition to customer leadership
- Must have strong organization and time management skills to effectively manage your opportunity pipeline including deal qualification, solution development, and contract creation
- Must be able to adapt approach and adapt demeanor in real time to match shifting demands of different situations
- Must build strong partnerships and work collaboratively to gain confidence and trust of others
- Our comprehensive benefits program includes Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Health coverage, as well as a health savings account with employer-funded contributions.
- We also offer Dental and Vision insurance. All of our full-time employees are eligible for Life/AD&D insurance and Short/Long Term Disability insurance free of cost, with the option to add additional voluntary coverage if desired.
- One North’s 401(k) plan allows employees to save for retirement through pre- or post-tax contributions along with employer-matched funds for maximized savings potential.
- Our Transportation Benefits enable employees to also make pre-tax contributions to pay for parking and public transit needs.
- We know how important unwinding can be for inspiration, innovation and productivity. Our full-time employees earn 4 weeks of paid time off, in addition to company paid holidays. Employees begin to accrue additional time off once they reach their 3-year and 10-year anniversaries with the business.
- One North also understands how critical it is for parents to bond with their new additions. We provide paid Parental and Primary Caregiver Leave to assist and support employees who experience a new birth, adoption or foster placement of a child.
- We also offer an Employee Perks Program that offers member-only discounts and corporate rates on everything from pizza and the zoo, to movie tickets, car rentals, and hotels.
*Additional detail around our perks and benefits will be provided during the interview process.
**Clicking the Apply now button will redirect you to apply on TEKsystems.com.