One North is a collaborative agency that helps B2B organizations grow relationships with key audiences through digital brand experiences. We believe that brand, strategy, design and technology must all work closely together to create truly compelling and engaging customer experiences. Our mission is to make relationships count: with our clients, with our clients’ clients and amongst ourselves.
One North Strategists operate as Consultants and User Experience Designers to construct digital, interactive experiences for professional services organizations. As a consultant, you partner with clients to understand their business goals and guide them as to how these can be supported through digital interactions. The UXer in you understands how to construct an experience including the functionality, information architecture and content direction. We call ourselves Strategists because our role goes beyond the responsibilities of a typical UXer. Strategists have to understand a business’s needs, but they don’t get there by asking people who are supposed to know it already. They analyze businesses and their audiences to determine the real needs based on research made impartial by our consultative distance from the organization.
The Strategy team's role is to be a partner to our clients. A partner who understands digital’s role in supporting and elevating our clients’ relationships. A One North Strategist uses UX tools to develop solutions in new and interesting ways.
If you are motivated by the power digital has to enhance relationships and are interested in bringing your perspective to our clients, keep reading!
On a team of thinkers, problem solvers and over-achievers, expect that…
- You will have a significant presence in client relationships.
- You will lead the design of user journeys through an inspirational discovery and thoughtful information architecture and functional design process.
- You will partner closely with visual Designers and Developers to bring the solution to digital life.
- You will lead projects and guide junior team members in their involvement in client interactions and engagements.
- You will be involved in developing, designing and directing the approach to projects.
- You will play an important role in ensuring that each One North solution is effective, engaging, usable, consistent and, most importantly, aligned with the client’s business goals.
- You will have the opportunity to talk about what you care about. Strategists contribute to thought leadership and collaborate with fellow strategists in order to keep up with their passions, trends and developments in digital marketing.
- You will play a role in shaping the growth of a continually evolving digital agency that is anchored by a resonant philosophy on digital’s role in B2B.
You are the type of person who will find this role fulfilling if:
- People tell you that you make the complex seem simple. Strategists are comfortable with translating the biggest and most general truths about an organization and reflecting that in the information architecture, functional details and content scheme of a solution.
- You value the art of the written word. Everything strategists do is ultimately communicated in writing whether it is wireframes, personas, interview guides, presentations, emails or formal deliverable documents. Your ability to successfully communicate your ideas and reasoning means you put yourself in the mindset of your audience.
- You could describe yourself as a tech-driven web head. Someone who is interested in interactive technology, UXD and the web. Strategists are constantly looking at how things are done on the internet today and thinking about how things could be done tomorrow.
- You think about the experience created by business decisions and you are find the way things are marketed intriguing. You often find yourself crafting an alternative approach that would improve the experience in some way.
- You hold yourself to a higher standard than others hold you to. Often you see ways to improve something you’ve done when others are impressed and satisfied. Strategists are movers and shakers who constantly raise the bar for themselves. They continuously improve upon their day-to-day work, while also contributing groundbreaking ideas.
- You are comfortable navigating unchartered territory. As the needs of our clients evolve, the manners in which we help them develops, and the types of clients we serve widens, Strategists are often at the forefront of figuring out what that new space / offering looks like. The Strategy team truly helps to paves the road.
- You have a commanding presence and can not only lead a room, but you can read a room. You can sense when to adjust your approach, tone, and sometimes even your plan.
Strategists typically have the following foundation and background:
- Demonstrated interest and experience in areas of interactive design, user experience design, consulting and information architecture.
- Experience working in a professional, collaborative environment (6-10 years).
- Experience delivering presentations and guiding meetings with executive-level participants.
- Experience holding oneself accountable for deadlines, and meeting them of course.
- A demonstrated passion for solving problems.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that values an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proficiency in visual productivity software such as Axure, Adobe CS (InDesign), and/or Omnigraffle is a big plus.
- Ability to travel to client sites as projects require, up to 15% of the time.